- Depression can have a devastating effect on close relationships. Sometimes depressed people blame their partners
- Depressed partners say they’re no longer in love and have never loved their partners
- Depressed partners come to believe that it’s the existing relationship that is ruining them. Their answer is often to leave and find happiness elsewhere
What causes it is called anhedonia, the inability to feel pleasure or interest in anything</[>
- “I believed that the relationship was holding me back”
- “I could only find happiness and passion with someone else. It was the fantasy of the perfectly passionate mate that was a constant lure.”
- The problem is that the unaware depressive has such a high threshold of feeling that it takes extreme arousal to evoke excitement and passion. She can erupt with anger and rage because these are more violent emotions that stir her as little else does.
Read the full story “When a Depressed Partner Falls Out of Love” at